2015 Commonwealth Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries (SHARE THIS)
The 2015 commonwealth scholarship applications are now open to all intending Masters and PhD students from developing countries(Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana etc) to study in UK.
Read through this post for more information about the scholarship.
Scholarship in UK
About the Scholarship
The 2015 Applications for the CSC Commonwealth Scholarships for Masters and PhD students from developing Commonwealth countries to study in UK, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) is now open. Applications are welcomed from students from the Commonwealth countries.
On a yearly basis, the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission invites each nominating agency, university or university body to forward a specific number of nominations for the commonwealth scholarship for developing countries. Each nominating agency/university/university body is responsible for its own selection process, and in most cases they will set a closing date in the months preceding the CSC’s deadline for nominations (17 December 2013).
There is a nominating agency for Commonwealth Scholarships in each Commonwealth country.
Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Commonwealth Countries citizens
Fields of Study
All subject areas are eligible, although the CSC’s selection criteria give priority to applications that demonstrate strong relevance to development.
Levels of study
You can apply for the following levels of study:
- Master’s (from 2013, the CSC funds one-year Master’s courses only)
- and split-site-PhD (where the CSC supports one year’s study at a UK university as part of a PhD being undertaken in your home country)
You are requested to apply for a course of study at a UK university with which the CSC has a part funding agreement.
Applications are considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the proposal
- Likely impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
Applications are Welcomed from Masters and PhD students from developing countries
Number of Available Scholarship Positions
Approximately 300 scholarships are awarded each year. The CSC invites around three times more nominations than scholarships available – therefore, nominated candidates are not guaranteed to get a scholarship. There are no quotas for scholarships for any individual country. Candidates nominated by national nominating agencies are in competition with those nominated by universities/university bodies, and the same standards will be applied to applications made through either channel.
Duration of Scholarships
For the duration of the programme
Eligible Countries: Developing commonwealth countries including African countries (Nigeria, Ghana, Tanzania, Kenya etc)
Scholarships and Study To be taken at: UK Universities
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
- All applications must be made through your nominating agency (or university/university body, if applicable) in your home country. You must check with them in the first instance for specific advice on how to make an application and for their own closing date. The CSC cannot accept any applications direct from candidates.
- Visit the SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITE HERE, for details and application.
3rd December, 2014 . After this date, no further applications can be made.