Apply For The ARSO 2016/2017 4th Continental Essay Competition
The African Organisation for Standardisation (ARSO) is organising the 4th Continental Essay Competition for 2016/2017. The aim of this competition is to ensure that youths are enlightened and their standard culture is improved.
The competition will have 3 categories of winners: National, Regional and Continental. for this reason, ARSO has requested that all the National Standards Bodies in Africa to organise the competition at the National level and send out the attached document to the various universities and colleges eligible for the competition.
Students in any higher institution of learning in Africa which includes Universities and Colleges approved by local commission of higher education. The competition is opened to citizens of all African Countries below the age of 35 years living and studying in any African University or College.
- Essays should be between 1000 and 1200 words.
- Essays should be double spaced and presented in Century Gothic, size 12
- Essays must be submitted in English or French
- Authors may use up to 50 words to describe themselves. Information should include their names , course and year of study, name of town and country in which their university is located (NB: this will not be part of the 1000-1200 words)
- Authors should provide their postal, telephone,email addresses on the first page of their essay together with the title of the essay and information on the author.
- A copy of the identity card or passport and a completely filled registration form obtained from ARSO (www.arso-oran.org) should be attached.
PRIZES TO BE WON
At regional Level.
1st position -USD 500
2nd Position -USD 300
3rd Position -USD 200
At Continental Level
1st Position -(male and female) each -USD 1000
2nd Position-USD 800
3rd Position-USD 500
Winners will be given a trip and accommodation to the next ARSO General Assembly event that will take place in 2017.
ROLE OF STANDARDISATION IN FACILITATING HUMAN RIGHTS WITH PARTICULAR FOCUS ON THE RIGHTS OF WOMEN
1st of March 2017
For more information visit the official page of Arson