The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) has opened its the Scholarship Application website for the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 applicants
The website is open to all applicants for the 2013/2014 academic session that experienced difficulties uploading relevant documents to their online application to attached and submit their documents. However, those who successfully applied and uploaded their documents need not apply again.
The Fund is also inviting suitably qualified candidates for MSc and PhD Scholarships. A combined aptitude test will be conducted for both 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 MSc applicants as well as oral interview for PhD applicants. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates that meet the selection requirements for both 2013/2014 and 2014/15 in September 2014.
Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards. Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for Electronic Aptitude Test, in the case of Masters Degree candidates, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD (full time) on dates to be announced later.
Please before you continue like our page on Facebook
A.) UNDER GRADUATE (Nigeria Only)
LIST OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES:
- African University of Science and Technology – Petroleum Engineering
- Institute of Petroleum Studies, Port Harcourt
- University of Port Harcourt- Gas Eng
- University of Ibadan- Petroleum Eng
- University of Nigeria Nsukka- Geology
- University of Benin- Chemical Engineering
- University of Jos- Mining & Geology
- University of Maiduguri – Geology
- Ahmadu Bello University – Chemical Eng
- Usman Dan Fodio University – Industrial Chemistry
- University of Uyo – Chemical & Petroleum Eng
- Bayero University Kano – Electrical Eng
- Federal University of Technology Owerri
- Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
- Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their 1st Year.
- Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
- Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
- – Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
- – Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
- – Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
B.) M.Sc (Nigeria and Overseas)
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
2. National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
3. Applicants must be computer literate
4. Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language in WAEC/SSCE (C6) or NECO (C4);
5. Applicants must not be above 30 years of age
6. Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
i) Test of English language as a foreign language (TOEFL)
ii) G.R.E ( Graduate Record Examination)
iii) GMAT -for Management related courses
iv) International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
C.) PhD (Nigeria and Overseas)
1. Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline;
2. Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
3. Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
4. Applicants must include a valid admission letter;
5. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
6. Applicants must include their masters degree project
LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK and France that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship.
1. Asset Management (Engineering Asset Management)
2. Basin Evolution and Dynamics
3. Diving and Underwater Technology
4. Energy Systems Engineering
5. Environmental Engineering
6. Environmental Remote Sensing
7. Fire & Explosion Engineering
8. Health Safety and Environment
9. Marine Computational Fluid Dynamics
10. Maritime Operations
11. Occupational Health and Safety
12. Offshore and Ocean Technology
13. Offshore Engineering
14. Pipeline Engineering And Security
15. Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
16. Refinery Design and Operations
17. Subsea Engineering
18. Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
19. Welding Engineering
20. Design of Rotating Machines
21. Control Systems
22. Hydraulic Engineering (France)
23. Fluid Mechanics and Energetics (France)
PhD PRIORITY RESEARCH AREAS
The PhD research areas in addition to the afor-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
1. Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
2. Marginal Fields Development.
3. Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
4. Geology and Petroleum Geology.
5. Civil and Marine Engineering.
6. Renewable Energy.
7. Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
8. Refining Technology.
9. Ship Building & Marine Technology.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
Candidates whose disciplines are not related to the above need not apply.
Selection will be based strictly on performance in aptitude test and Oral Interview.
Registration deadline is on the 23rd October, 2013
If you find this post USEFUL, hit LIKE and SHARE to post it on your wall. Someone will be glad you did.