Apply for WACSI 2017 Paid Internship Programme in Accra
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WASCI) with support from Ford Foundation is inviting young West Africans, either fresh graduates or early career professionals, seeking work experience in WACSI’s core areas of work to apply for its 6 months work based Internship Programme.
The internship programme is slated to run from January 2017 to June 2017. The 6 months internship program also includes one month placement in another civil society organisation that focuses on a specific theme of interest to the intern to enable the intern gain specific knowledge and experience in working .
3 interns are needed by WACSI in the core areas of work below:
- Capacity Development
- Policy Influencing
- Advocacy and Knowledge Management
Each intern will be assigned to one of the three main units of the institute.
The 6 months internship slated to run from January 2017 to June 2017 will take place at the WACSI office in Accra,Ghana.
Benefits and Cost
1. Intern shall be paid a monthly fee of $300.00 for the period of six months.
2. WACSI will bear the travel cost (including visa fees) to Ghana and back to their home country at the end of internship for foreign interns.
3. WACSI will provide accommodation and lunch for the interns during the six months period.
4. Interns will produce an externship and end of internship report and a research paper on the specific theme of interest pertaining to the West Africa Civil Society by the end of the internship period.
- Minimum of a first degree in Civil society management/nonprofit studies,international affairs,political science,social science,public policy,law, development studies or related fields.
- Commitment to WACSI visions and values and demonstrated interest in civil society.
- Strong research ,writing and communication skills.
- proficiency in Microsoft office and strong internet research skills.
- Fully Bilingual (French and English).
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Works well under pressure with minimal supervision and in a multicultural environment.
- Proactive,willing to learn and take initiative.
- Works well as part of a team.
- priority will be given to bilingual applicants and West Africans.
Interested applicants should send the following documents in English to The Head of Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae with two references (one should be academic).
- Letter of motivation expressing career goals and how the internship will contribute to achieving them.
- Applicants for the Knowledge management internship must submit a writing sample (research paper,term paer etc) of no more than 3 pages.
Application Deadline is November 30th,2016
NB: All applicants should cleraly state in their application the Unit he/she would like to work with.