This is to inform the general public and interested applicants that thereis an australian masters scholarship award for Nigerians 2016-2017.
Read the details below:
Australia Awards Scholarships (Masters level)
Applications for Scholarships open 1 September 2015 – 30 November 2015.
Priority areas are:
Applications from exceptional candidates may also be considered in the following sectors:
Australia Awards Short Courses
Applications for Short Courses open 1 September 2015 – 18 December 2015.
Priority areas are:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
For Masters award:
- You are a national of Nigeria.
- You are a mid to senior career professional working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Non-Government Organisation (Civil Society) in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You wish to undertake a Masters degree in Australia in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You cannot study a Masters of Business Administration.
- You have a clear vision for how you will use the knowledge gained through the Masters degree to improve policy, practice or education in the proposed field of study.
- Gender Equality: Australia Awards target equal participation by women and men. Applications from women are strongly encouraged, and mechanisms are in place to support women applicants and Awardees.
- Disability Inclusion: Australia Awards aim to ensure that people with a disability are given fair and equal opportunity to compete for and obtain a scholarship. Applications from people with a disability are strongly encouraged. Mechanisms are in place to support applicants and Awardees requiring specific assistance.
RECOMMENDED: Scholarships that end in September
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organisation type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognised Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- Public sector, private sector and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook.
For Short Courses
- You must be between 25 and 50 years of age at the date of your application
- You have at least three years’ post-graduation work experience in a relevant policy, practice, research or reform role. Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
RULES AND REGULATIONS: Full rules and regulations can be found here
REWARD OFFERED: For holders of an Australia Awards Masters Scholarship, entitlements include the full costs of tuition fees for up to two years for a Masters award. An economy class flight to and from Australia is provided and an approximate annual stipend of AUD 30,000 to cover living expenses whilst on award in Australia. Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is also provided to cover Awardee’s basic medical costs. A one off Establishment Allowance of AUD 5,000 is payable to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing your course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items etc.). Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare to allow them to travel home midway through the course, but this is only available to Awardees whose course is for 2 years or longer.
HOW TO APPLY: Start your application here
DEADLINE: 30 November 2015 for Masters award and 18 December 2015 for short courses