The Flemish Department of Education and Training offers scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018 under the new Priority Country Programme. The aim of this programme is to promote exchange of students between Belgium/Flanders and following priority countries listed below.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2017
OPPORTUNITY ALERT: Make Money On MMM West Africa Today, Click Here Now!!!
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and the United States of America.
To be taken at (country): Various universities in Belgium
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
University colleges (Arts and Nautical Sciences)
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Artevelde University College Ghent
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Howest, University College West Flanders
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- Odisee University College
- PXL University College
- Thomas More University College
- UC Leuven-Limburg
- VIVES University College
- University College Ghent
Eligible Field of Study: The program holds for all study areas.
About the Award: The Priority Country Programme 2017-2018 is preferably for exchange projects, which will start from August 2017 and end before September 2018 to avoid duplication of implementation period of exchange projects selected by the Transition Fellowship Programme 2016-2017.
The selection for the Priority Country Programme is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in the Spring Semester of 2018 (January-August 2018) shall apply for 2017-2018. It is estimated that 80 to 120 students can benefit from the program on a yearly basis.
Many forms of mobility are accepted under the Priority Country Programme: both short mobility of one, two or three months, or long mobility of one semester up to a period of maximum one year, both for study or internship:
- Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, or the United States of America: fellowships for students in both directions, both short and long mobility.
- Turkey: fellowships for students in both directions, short mobility only: duration of mobility is restricted to one month for internship and two months for study.
Eligibility: Due to the unique nature of this program, in order to be eligible, the exchange project needs to fulfill all five requirements below:
- A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders (home institution) and an educational institution in Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey or the United States of America (host institution) have established an academic cooperation agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement.
- The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the partner from Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey or the United States of America cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges.
- The Flemish home institution has selected a Flemish student enrolled at the home institution to send to the host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the host institution. A Flemish student is defined as a student from any nationality, subscribed full-time in a Flemish Higher Education Institution.
- In case of a duo-project, the same host institution has selected a student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Flemish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Flemish home institution.
- If the Flemish student has already started the exchange, or the international student has already stayed in Belgium/Flanders before the application period of the Priority Country Programme 2017-2018, the application is not accepted.
Value and Duration of Scholarship: The duration of the exchange can range from one month up to one year.
- For short exchanges, the fellowship amounts to €650,- per month for the Flemish and €800,- per month for the international student.
- The students receive a supplementary reimbursement for travel expenses, according to the following rules in the link below.
How to Apply: The application needs to be submitted through Mobility-Online Flanders: https://www.service4mobility.com/europe/LoginServlet
Documents to be uploaded: 1. Motivation letter of the applicant (maximum two A4 pages). 2. Applicant Learning or Training agreement. 3. Official Transcript of records. 4. Letter of recommendation from a professor or lecturer of your home institution. 5. Copy of Cooperation Agreement (or Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation) between paired institutions, by e-mail with scanned files OR declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Flemish higher education institution, signed by both parties. 6. Copy of international passport of (paired) applicants by e-mail with scanned files.
All documents are to be written in English, with exception of the official Transcript of records. If the Transcript of Records written in another language than Dutch, French or English, enclose a certified translation.
International students meet all academic entrance criteria, including relevant language req uirements, for entering the study programme in the Flemish host institution.
Award Provider: Flemish Government