University of Toronto Master Card Scholarships for African Students (SHARE THIS)
The University of Toronto and the MasterCard Foundation have partnered to offer the MasterCard Foundation African Scholars Program. The program provides full scholarship opportunities at the University of Toronto for economically disadvantaged youth who have excellent academic potential and a strong desire to create lasting development within their respective regions.
The scholarship will provide full expenses related to travel, tuition, books, food, housing, living expenses and any other program related expenses, for the duration of a four year undergraduate program. Throughout the duration of the student’s undergraduate career, there will be a variety of academic and personal supports including mentoring and transition assistance programs. In addition, there will be internship, placement and travel opportunities included in the program.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT: Make Money On MMM West Africa Today, Click Here Now!!!
In order to be eligible, the student must:
- be a resident of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa
- demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of their country
- have very strong academic results within their respective school system
- have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement
- maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development
- be a graduate or graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed necessary academic requirements
- fulfill necessary English requirements (dependent on country)
READ ALSO: MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2016
For more information on academic and language requirements from individual countries please check http://www.future.utoronto.ca/apply/requirements/international-high-school-secondary-university-or-college-post-secondary#IntlReq.
If you have any questions regarding the program or the application procedure, please contact the MCF Scholars Program Office at the University of Toronto firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2016